The History Of The Elu Company

 

The Elu company, originally called Eugen Lutz, was founded in 1928. Its foundation was based on manufacturing of light metal sand-casting products. In 1930, Elu began its machine manufacturing activities, with the first one being the MT1 dish grinding. With this, they were able to make a change in the carpentry industry. The company has been in operation since, though it was later adopted by the Black and Decker Company.
Production of power tools
By the year 1951, Elu was developing power tools and wood working machines. Most of these tools were sold in the European market. However, in 1959, Elu expanded to France where they established a foreign subsidiary. The AS 70 spindle copy router was then developed for the first time in 1966.
Elu developed the first double mitre saw in 1972, a milestone in their technology. The manufacturing of this tool was mainly for craft and industrial production and was done at a large-scale. By the year 1979, the logistics of Elu’s warehouse were being controlled by a computer. Also in the same year, the MGS 105 mitre saw was designed by Elu for custom production processes.
Adoption by Black and Decker Company
In 1984, the woodworking machines and power tool range of Elu were bought by Black and Decker. It is with this buying that the name Elu was changed to Elumatec. After the purchase, worldwide sales companies of Elu were expanded in their capacity. Also, there was a systematic extension and enhancement of the machines for PVC and aluminum processing.
In order to meet the market demand for a machine that can handle large profiles and also have diverse cutting variants, the DG 244 double mitre saw was developed. It was therefore added to the product range produced by the company in 1997.
New machines and new premises
Elumatec completed a new building that was being constructed in 2005. It was situated at the headquarters of the company which are in Muhlacker-Lomersheim. The new building provided an additional space of 8,200 sqm for administration and production purposes. It also acted as an information center as a space of 2000 sqm was set aside purposely for viewing and testing of Elumatec machines.
In 2006, the product range of Elumatec was expanded for the processing of aluminum profile. This was met by the SBZ151 and SBZ630 profile machining centers. The SBZ 609 was developed in 2007 and with special features like rooting, automatic screwing and drilling.
The Elu Company, now Elumatec, has still been producing power tools by trying to incorporate the latest technology in their designs.

The Elu company, originally called Eugen Lutz, was founded in 1928. Its foundation was based on manufacturing of light metal sand-casting products. In 1930, Elu began its machine manufacturing activities, with the first one being the MT1 dish grinding. With this, they were able to make a change in the carpentry industry. The company has been in operation since, though it was later adopted by the Black and Decker Company.

Production of power tools

By the year 1951, Elu was developing power tools and wood working machines. Most of these tools were sold in the European market. However, in 1959, Elu expanded to France where they established a foreign subsidiary. The AS 70 spindle copy router was then developed for the first time in 1966.

Elu developed the first double mitre saw in 1972, a milestone in their technology. The manufacturing of this tool was mainly for craft and industrial production and was done at a large-scale. By the year 1979, the logistics of Elu’s warehouse were being controlled by a computer. Also in the same year, the MGS 105 mitre saw was designed by Elu for custom production processes.

Adoption by Black and Decker Company

In 1984, the woodworking machines and power tool range of Elu were bought by Black and Decker. It is with this buying that the name Elu was changed to Elumatec. After the purchase, worldwide sales companies of Elu were expanded in their capacity. Also, there was a systematic extension and enhancement of the machines for PVC and aluminum processing.

In order to meet the market demand for a machine that can handle large profiles and also have diverse cutting variants, the DG 244 double mitre saw was developed. It was therefore added to the product range produced by the company in 1997.

New machines and new premises

Elumatec completed a new building that was being constructed in 2005. It was situated at the headquarters of the company which are in Muhlacker-Lomersheim. The new building provided an additional space of 8,200 sqm for administration and production purposes. It also acted as an information center as a space of 2000 sqm was set aside purposely for viewing and testing of Elumatec machines.

In 2006, the product range of Elumatec was expanded for the processing of aluminum profile. This was met by the SBZ151 and SBZ630 profile machining centers. The SBZ 609 was developed in 2007 and with special features like rooting, automatic screwing and drilling.

The Elu Company, now Elumatec, has still been producing power tools by trying to incorporate the latest technology in their designs.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>